Leading a Circle is a valuable addition to your résumé. It is a self-made leadership opportunity that demonstrates initiative and leadership skills. We encourage you to highlight the leadership role of being a Lean In Circle Leader on your résumé and LinkedIn profile.
Here’s our official language for how to talk about this volunteer leadership experience:
- Volunteer role description for your resume/LinkedIn
- Title: Lean In Circle Leader
Organization: Lean In (https://www.linkedin.com/company/leaninorg/)
Description:Lean In Circle Leaders are dedicated volunteers within a global community of changemakers, committed to advancing Lean In's mission of creating a more equal world. Lean In Circles are small groups who meet regularly for peer mentorship and support using Lean In’s free resources. Our Circle is one of more than 85,000 Circles that have been started in 183 countries.
How to add this to your LinkedIn profile
Follow these steps to add the Lean In Circle Leader job description to your LinkedIn profile:
- Log into your LinkedIn account
- Click “Add Profile Section” in your bio
- From the drop-down menu, select “Volunteer Experience”
- Add the following:
OrganizationStart typing "Lean In" and the drop-down will show the official pageYour Role
- You can leave the “Cause” blank
- Check the box if you are “currently volunteering in this role”
- Enter the dates of your volunteering experience
- Click “Save” to add this volunteer experience to your profile
- Consider adding part of this job description to the “Summary” at the top of your profile
Please note: Lean In Circle Leaders are not employees of and do not represent the Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation. We kindly ask that you do not add the Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation to your LinkedIn profile, resume, or any other platform where you represent your Lean In Network.